Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How to Start Weight Loss: Cleaning up your environment

Most people who struggle with being overweight or obese live in a "poisonous" environment. You can't live healthy if you have poison in your life, am I right? Here are some tips on cleaning up your environment to make losing weight easier.

1. Throw away all junk food. This includes chips, cookies, candy, ice cream, buttery fat popcorn, bacon, anything with lots of sugar. If you think it's junk, it probably is. When I was trying to lose weight, I found myself snacking on any junk food lying around. I decided one day to throw it all away. If it's not there, you don't eat it! Plus you save money from not buying junk food. WIN WIN. In today's economy, saving money is good, right?

2. Get yourself the notebook and hold yourself accountable to counting calories. If you read my previous posts, then you know how important this is.

3. Get support from family and friends. I know some people are not able to buy or cook for themselves because they are minors. If you can convince your family and friends to help you, it makes things so much easier. Why not show your family this blog to convince them that you need help losing weight.

4. Surround yourself with the right equipment. You will need to Exercise to lose weight, there is no way around it. I suggest you get a membership at the gym and allocate at least 1.5 hours each day to exercise. If you can't afford anything, there is no harm in running around the neighborhood.

5. Get the right attitude and state of mind. You will not see results right away. At the earliest, you might see results in 3 weeks. Remember: losing weight and living healthy is a life choice, not some choice you make for a few weeks just to look good at the beach for a week. And have patience. People with no patience give up and stay fat forever! I've seen far too many people do that.

On my next post, I'll point out foods you should eat and what times you should eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment